Highly commended finalist in Gary Rhodes food hero campaign, Trip Advisor Winners of Excellence and recommended by the Good Food guide … …..Jabajak operates an honest, seasonally fresh and locally sourced food philosophy where all our dishes are prepared to order using herbs, leaves, edible flowers, fruit and vegetables grown on-site in our kitchen garden or foraged, whenever possible, so our food looks as good as it tastes. Please note that we serve specials throughout the year and will create bespoke menus for weddings, special parties and funtions whatever your dietary needs. Two courses from our a la carte, start at around £25. Please don’t hesitate to contact us for up to date information.
We’ll be delighted to send you a menu by email, on request.
The food was clearly fresh and just tasted superb. Awesome wine list
(The Which Good Food Guide)
- Our kitchen garden provides us with a fantastic supply of fresh herbs, leaves, fruit and veg.
- Quality dairy products such as cheeses and ice creams are locally sourced, ensuring you experience a truly welsh produce experience.
- Our meats are supplied by local Welsh farmers. Celtic Pride steak, salt marsh Welsh lamb, even rabbit.
- We specialise in edible flowers such as nastursiums, violas and even dandelions!
- We frequently forage the hedgerow for natures delicacies such as wild garlic, nettles and elderflowers.
- The coast for cress and samphire and we use local fishermen for our fish dishes. Including lobster, mussels, trout, mackerel, line caught bass and scallops when in season.
- We have a smoker on site and use it to smoke some of our meats and fish.
- We specialise in making exceptional homemade produce such as breads, terrines and pates. Mot to mention desserts and sorbets.
- We also endeavor to keep our menu as seasonal as possible and always cook to order
- Our wine list is tailored to food match our menu
” I’m absolutely passionate about fresh seasonal food and growing it ! Because my team cook to order we operate on a booking only basis from our own ideas and fresh produce but welcome pre-booked requests of your favourite dishes. We are keen to help by providing set menus for larger groups to suit your taste and budget and catering for all customers with special dietary needs couldn’t be simpler because of our flexibility. Just call to discuss and I’ll be delighted to assist, even if you want to pop in for a chat over a coffee”
A small sample of our pricing policy can be seen below against some seasonal dishes:-
Chef’s soup of the day
Local Pont Gar caws ( cheese ) bruschetta marinated in basil, baked & served with leaves and a gooseberry & elderflower chutney
Roll mop herrings pickled with a sweet onion fennel jus and served with horseradish
Chef’s chicken and smoked bacon terrine served with leaves and winter chutney
Fresh scallops served in a creamy prawn sauce and sprinkled with parmesan
Diners may order starters as a main meal for an additional cost of 6.50 for accompanying vegetables
Every main dish is accompanied by fresh seasonal vegetables, included in the price .
Field mushroom stuffed with a nutmeg mash topped with braised lentils and red wine sauce
Chicken fillet served with a spiced, rosemary, apple and smoked ham sauce
Fresh queen scallops pan fried and served on a bed of spinach and mushroom with toasted sesame
6oz seared duck fillet smoked on site and served with chefs bbq sauce
Welsh lamb chump Slow roasted in sea salt and served with an orange, port and red berry sauce
5oz or 10 oz “ Celtic Pride “ fillet steak served with field mushrooms and vine tomatoes
24.50 or 29.50
cooked as you like it with optional steak sauces braised from your steak with fresh cream and cracked black pepper, mushroom & brandy
or cashel blue cheese
Surf n’ turf in style 5oz Celtic Pride fillet served with red wine sauce and scallops in prawn sauce
and to finish ….
Chef’s homemade Chocolate Cheesecake
a choice of chef’s homemade dishes, such as crepes suzette, eton mess, flambeed bananas and chocolate fondue for two.
Jabajak is also proud to serve Cowpots Local Fresh Dairy Ice Creams and a selection of Welsh cheeses or Jabajak’s own Chef’s potted cheese with chutneys.
We’re happy to provide set menus for large parties, special occasions and corporate events. These can be designed with Amanda specifically with your taste and budget in mind to create a uniquely personal sense of occasion.
Canapes and bubbly
We provide a wide selection of canapés from £1.50 each – please just ask for the catalogue